If you want to be able to print your receipts to a PDF file, or if you have a register without a receipt printer and would like to journal receipts at that register, you can add a PDF printer as a receipt printer. If the register has a regular full-page printer instead of a receipt printer, you can also add that as a receipt printer.
- Look in the Windows control panel > Devices and printers. Find the device you wish to print to. If you don't have Microsoft Print to PDF, you can download CutePDF Writer for free.
- Note the exact name of the printer you want to set up as a receipt printer.
- In the Cloud Retailer Back Office, go to Admin > Device / register list and edit the register you want to add the printer to.
- Scroll down to the Register Equipment section and add a new entry.
- In the Device Name field, type in the exact name of the printer as listed in Windows control panel > Devices and printers.
- Select "Windows Printer" in the Device Type field drop list.
- If you want the receipt to look just like one from a receipt printer, select "Standard OPOS Template" in the Document Set field drop list. If you have a full-page template you wish to use instead, select it here.
- Make sure the Is Enabled check box is checked, then click the Save button at the top right of the screen.
- Sync the register, then exit out of the POS application and restart it.
- If you get an error message that the device cannot be found, double-check the name of the device in Windows control panel > Devices and printers.
- Print a test receipt. If you added a PDF printer, and the document template is set to print immediately, or if you choose to print a receipt, the system will prompt you for a file name to save the PDF file as.