Cloud Retailer comes with a set of default GL accounts. This is how you can create/edit them.
- Deposits Received
- Deposits Tendered
- Return Totals
- Sales By Department
- Sales By No Department
- Tender Closing Totals (by tender type)
- Tender Opening Totals (by tender type)
- Tender Over Totals (by tender type)
- Tender Short Totals (by tender type)
- Tax Totals
- Not Contributing To Sales
- Sales Rounding Error
Displays the location for the GL account sets.
This identifies the Cloud Retailer account.
Clicking the Name link offers additional filtering options. See Advanced Filtering Options below.
This identifies that account type and suggests a GL type.
- GL description
This is what you will see in your accounting software description or note field.
- GL code
This will typically match the GL Description.
- GL Type
This tells the system if this account is Debit/Credit.
- QuickBooks Online Account Name
This must match the Name of the GL Account under Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks Online.
- QuickBooks Online Account Description
This is the line item description you will see in QuickBooks Online. Typically this will be the same as the GL Description column.
- To "map" report data to your General Ledger Accounts, go to Reports > General Ledger Assignments. Then, select a report by clicking on the blue hyperlink of the report "Name".
- A new page will open. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and find the "Query Filter Selectable Attribute Set Form" then select the dropdown next to "Attribute Set" and choose "GL entry accounts".
- More fields will appear. Fill out the fields as follows:
- GL code- [Copy the account name from "QB Account Name"]
- GL description- [Copy the account name from "QB Account Name"]
- GL type- Select whether this account is Debit/Credit
- QB Account Name- Start typing the name of an account from your QuickBooks. A list of accounts will appear. Choose the appropriate account to link to.
- QB Account Description- [Copy the account name from "QB Account Name"]
- Click "Save" at the very top right corner of the screen.
- Repeat this process for each account you need linked to QuickBooks
NOTE: Depending on how your accounts are balanced, there may be two or more reports that are linked to the SAME account in your QuickBooks.
Since it's a "not contributing to sales" product, it does not need to be counted as a Return.
- Locate the Tailspin Toys Returns account. (Replace Tailspin Toys with your company name).
- Click on the Tailspin Toys Returns link under the Name column. A new tab or window will open.
- Locate the "Advanced filtering" section.
- Add another field by clicking the [AND] button.
- Specify the filter type, in this example, we are using Product Description > not equals > Not Contributing to Sales.
Be sure to leave any previous filters intact.
- Click [Save] when finished.
You may close the tab.