This article will walk through the steps and options required to count inventory in Cloud Retailer.
NOTE: You can only have one inventory open per location in Cloud Retailer at one time.
- Log into your Cloud Retailer Back Office
- From the left-hand menu, click Tools -> Inventory counting
- On the Inventory Count list page, click the Create New Inventory Count button
- In the newly opened Created New Inventory Count page you will need to:
- Set a meaningful Reference Number for the count (this must be unique)
- Select the Location that is being counted
- Optionally, add any Notes you feel will help you recall details about this count at a later date
- Depending on what kind of Inventory Count you want to perform, select one of the following options from the Inventory Count Type dropdown:
- Manual entry (blank) - Use this option to start with an empty count and only scan things you want to change the count on. This is typically used as a "spot check" for key Products.
- All products - Use this option to start with ALL active Products listed and a count of 0. This is useful to do a full year-end inventory or to ensure Products that are not counted are "zeroed" out.
- User a filter - Pick this option to start with a subset of your Products to count. This is the most typical option and can be used to "cycle count" by Department, Supplier, or Brand. When using this option you will also need to define a Filter to match Products.
- Press the Save button to create the Inventory Count
NEXT STEPS: From this point you can Join an Open Inventory Count or Finalize an Inventory Count.
- Overview of Inventory Counting in Cloud Retailer
- Understanding the Inventory Count Page
- Printing an Inventory Count for Offline Counting
- Joining an Open Inventory Count in Cloud Retailer
- Importing Values Into a Cloud Retailer Inventory Count
- Finalizing an Inventory Count in Cloud Retailer
- Inventory Counting Tips, Tricks and FAQs