Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Using the Cloud Retailer Mobile Hand Held
- 1. Orders
- 2. Price Check
- 3. Labels
- 4. Inventory Counts
- 5. Purchase Orders (PO)
- 6. Transfers
- 7. Reports
- 8. Sync
- 9. Logout
- 10. Settings
- 11. Other Task Pad
Cloud Retailer offers the ability to manage your business better with our mobile hand held scanner. If you are a liquor store owner and you want to increase the efficiency of your Purchase Orders/Store Transfers or simply improve your inventory management in general, the Cloud Retailer Mobile Hand Held is the best tool for you.
The CR Mobile Hand Held is an Android-based device with the Cloud Retailer Mobile app pre-installed and synced to your CR instance. Please note that for multi-store businesses, each device can only be synced to one location at a time. The CR Mobile Hand Held allows you to manage your inventory better by assisting with tasks like:
- Creating and managing Orders (Holds, Work Orders, Pick Lists, etc)
- Product/Label management (Price Checks and adding labels to your label queue)
- Inventory management (Inventory counts, POs, and Store Transfers)
STEP 1) Reach out to us and order your Cloud Retailer Mobile Hand Helds. For the best experience, we recommend at least one device per location.
Part of our process is to verify that you are using the latest version of Cloud Retailer back office. If not, we will need to apply updates to your system before you can use the mobile app.
The minimum version of Cloud Retailer required to use our mobile app is 2.20.56. You can view the version you are on by logging into the back office and scrolling down to the bottom center of the page. If the version number is not shown at the bottom of the page, then you will need to be updated to the latest version.
Due to a variety of factors, many retailers are upgrading their POS and implementing new technologies in order to increase efficiency. Updates take 2 weeks to test, schedule and apply. This service is done free of charge.
STEP 2) We will configure the Hand Held(s) and sync it to the location prior to shipping. Due to rapidly changing supply shortages, we are unable to provide a time estimate on when devices are available. Once the device is configured, we will ship it to you.
STEP 3) Once you receive your Hand Held, we will schedule a training session with one of our techs to so you each of the features available on the Hand Held. This training is included with the price of the device.
STEP 4) The application will begin to synchronize. This process may take between 2 minutes and 15 minutes depending on the size of your product list and other data elements.
Allow it to finish before doing anything else with your mobile device. If you switch to another application it will halt the process.
STEP 5) Once it has completed synchronizing, hit "Continue" and begin using the app. You'll be prompted to login and then you will see the main screen of the app.
Use your standard Cloud Retailer username and password to log into the mobile app. Once logged in you'll see all of the main features of the app:
You will see the name of the current logged-in user at the top of the screen. This will display the first name and last initial of the user if their name has been entered into that user's account.
If you see something other than the screens above - completely close out of the app on your mobile device and reopen it.
Using the Cloud Retailer Mobile Hand Held
Here are the tasks you can perform with the Cloud Retailer Mobile Hand Held;
1. Orders- This is used to create/edit customer and wholesale orders.
2. Price Check- This is used to view price and quantity information for products.
3. Labels- This is used to add products to the label queue in the back office.
4. Inventory Counting- This is used to join inventory counts.
5. Purchase Orders- This is used to create/edit purchase orders.
6. Transfers- This is used to create/edit transfers between stores.
7. Reports- This is used to view the Product Sales Report for individual products.
8. Sync- This is used to force the hand held to sync to the back office.
9. Log Out- This is used to logout the current user.
10. Settings- This is used to control which instance of Cloud Retailer the hand held is synced to.
11. Other Task Pad- This is reserved for future use and currently has no function.
To use Orders:
- Tap on Orders from the home screen.
- Select or search for an existing order or tap the "+" sign to create a new order.
3. If creating an order, select the order type and provide a reference number.
4. Once in the order, you can scan to add products or update the quantity. You can also view which products are already in the order.
2. Price Check
To use Price Check:
- Tap on Price Check from the home screen.
- Scan a product barcode.
- View the information about the product
To use Labels:
- Tap on Labels from the home screen.
- Scan or search for a product.
- Change the Qty to tell how many labels to add to the label queue.
- To print, log into the Back Office and go to Tools --> Generate labels based on product changes and print from there.
4. Inventory Counts
To use Inventory Counts:
- Tap on Inventory Counts from the home screen.
- Select or search for an existing inventory count. (The inventory count must be created in the Back Office. You cannot create a count on the handheld).
3. Once inside the selected inventory count, you can start to scan products. (You can scan products in any order, the list shown is alphabetical, but does not need to be completed in that order.
4. After scanning a product, input the amount counted.
A. If you need to make adjustments, rescan the item and input a positive or negative amount to adjust the qty by.
B. For example, if you counted 15 and then found 5 more, you would rescan and put 5 in the qty, then select add count. This will add 5 to the total qty.
C. If you counted 10 of another item then noticed you miscounted and you only had 7, rescan the item and put -3 in the qty and select add count. This will subtract 3 from the total qty.
5. Purchase Orders (PO)
To use Purchase Orders:
- Tap on Purchase Orders from the home screen.
- Select a PO or tap the "+" sign to create one.
- To create a PO, select a supplier, a location, and add a reference number. The reference number must be unique across all locations.
- After selecting a PO, you can:
- Edit the PO
- Scan to receive the PO
- Mark the PO as received
- Mark the PO as posted
- Delete the PO
- Close the window
- Editing POs:
- Scan/search for a product
- Update quantity
- Remove products
- Receiving POs:
- Scan/search for items in the PO
- Set the quantity received
- When you are ready to mark the PO as received, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and select "Receive PO"
To use Transfers:
- Tap on Transfers from the home screen.
- Select/search for an existing transfer or create a new one.
3. To create a transfer, select the to and from locations, enter a reference number, and enter a transfer time. The reference number must be unique across all locations.
4. When selecting a transfer, you can:
A. Edit the transfer
B. Scan to receive the transfer
C. Mark the transfer as received
D. Mark the transfer as posted
E. Delete the transfer
F. Close the window
5. Editing transfers:
A. Scan/search for product
B. Update quantity
C. Delete items
6. Receiving transfers:
A. Scan/search for items in the PO
B. Set the quantity received
C. When you are ready to mark the PO as received, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and select "Receive Transfer"
To use Reports:
- Tap on Reports from the home screen.
- Select a location and scan/search for a product.
- View the sales data for the product
To sync the handheld:
- Tap on Sync from the home screen.
- The hand held will begin to sync data
- After the process completes, verify the sync completed with no errors
- Click "Continue"
- Tap on Logout from the home screen.
- This will logout the current user and take you back to the login screen
To access Settings:
- Tap on Settings from the home screen.
- View the database configuration settings for the hand held
11. Other Task Pad
This feature is for future use and currently has no function.