TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What's in the Box?
- Adding Peripherals
This article will cover the steps needed to set up your new C14 Cloud Retailer POS. The first step is to unbox the unit and set it up in a spot used for training and taking sales. You will need at least 19" x 16" of space for the cash drawer and any peripherals. You will need at least 2 open power sockets, one for the C14 computer and one for the payment terminal.
What's in the Box?
- All-in-one C14 computer
- Power adapter with power cable
- Sample roll of receipt paper
With any project, it's best to have extra supplies just in case! We recommend having the following available before setting up your hardware or attending your Groundwork appointment.
- At least 2 extra network cables. Note: The C14 computer and PAX payment terminal will NOT come with an ethernet cable. Since every store is different, the length will depend on where the C14 computer will be placed in relation to the router or network hub (switch).
- (Optional) At least 1 extra computer power cable as a precaution
- (Optional) USB Keyboard
- (Optional) USB Mouse
Interface Ports Diagram
The back of the C14 will contain 12 external I/O interface ports for your peripherals. Note: You will not use all of the ports.
Watch our video on setting up your new C14 or follow the steps below
- Connect the power cable to the power adapter
- Plug the power cable into your power source. Note: We recommend all devices be plugged into a surge protector.
- Plug the power adapter into the back of the C14 into the DC-in Jack shown in the image below
- Add the following peripherals below. Note: You may not install every peripheral listed below.
Barcode Scanner for Cloud Retailer
- Unbox the barcode scanner and USB cable
- Plug the ethernet connecter end into the barcode scanner
- Plug the USB connector end into one of the 4 USB ports in the back of your C14
- Unbox your cash drawer and cash drawer cable
- Remove the keys taped to the bottom of the drawer. Note: Keep these keys in a safe and secure spot
- Connect the wider ethernet connector end to the bottom of the cash drawer
- Connect the thinner phone cable connector end to the back of your C14 in the Cash Drawer port shown in the image above
Logic Controls LV5000 Customer Display
- Unbox your LV5000 customer display and mounts
- There should be two mount options in the box, one to mount directly to a counter and one pole mount. Note: Both mount options can be fixed directly to your counter.
- Connect your LV5000 to the mount option of your choice using the provided screws
- Connect the smaller USB mini connector end to the back of the LV5000
- Connect the bigger USB connector end to one of the 4 USB ports in the back of your C14
GoDex Label Printer
- Unbox your GoDex label printer, power adapter, and USB cable
- Insert your direct thermal labels. Note: Our default label size is 2.25" x 1.25" and labels are not typically supplied by RITE. The labels MUST be direct thermal otherwise they will not print.
- Plug the power adapter into the power port on the back of the printer
- Plug the square USB connector end into the back of the printer
- Plug the flatter USB connector end into one of the 4 USB ports in the back of your C14
- Open the printer using the light blue clips on the top half of the printer
- Pull up the blue label mount bar
- Follow the diagram in the printer to install the labels in the right direction
- Pinch together the yellow clips to gently touch and center the labels
PAX Payment Terminal?
- Unbox your PAX Payment terminal, cable pigtail, and power cable
- Unwind the cable pigtail
Payment Terminal Mount?
Protecting your Equipment
- Surge protector / battery backup
- Shielded network cables