There are times you may end up with multiple customer accounts. You can easily merge the accounts from the Customers page.
Merging a customer will combine the following;
- Customer payments
- Customer addresses
- Customer notes
- No-sale transactions
- Sale transactions
- Loyalty memberships
- Rent history
- Time clock entries
Follow these steps to merge customer accounts:
- Navigate to Admin > Customers
- Search for the customer you want to merge
- Select BOTH customers and click the [Merge] button.
- Select the primary account you want the second account to be merged into.
Example: If I want the account number CA004000001 to be Bob Barkers only account. I would then select CA004000001.
- If you want to preview the changes beforehand, keep the DryRun checkbox checked then click the [Merge] button.
To make the changes permanent, uncheck DryRun and click the [Merge] button.
Q: What is DryRun?A: This allows you to preview the customer merge. To make the changes permanent, uncheck DryRyn.
Q: How do I merge three or more accounts?
A: Repeate steps 1 through 4 until only one account remains.
Applies to: Cloud Retailer version 1.16.12 or higher