It is possible that the windows update might cause issues with the Star printer. If you are unable to run a successful OPOS test from Star Printer Config, please follow the below step to resolve the issue.
- Go to Control Panel > Device and Printer and right-click on the Star Printer and then delete it.
- Have the customer unplug/plug back in the USB cable that is connected from the Star printer to the computer, it should re-create the printer entry with all the OPOS settings that were already configured before.
- Go to printer setting as admin and then do the test for printer and cash drawer without making any change. If the test is successful, then you can run a test transaction on the Cloud Retailer and make sure the drawer pops open and the receipt prints.
- If the OPOS test for printer/drawer is unsuccessful, you might need to delete the printer entry again and then have the customer power cycle the printer and & reboot the PC and it should resolve the issue. If not, try step 5.
- Go into Control Panel>Devices and Printers>right-click on the printer>click Troubleshoot. Run the troubleshoot utility, but do not set the Star printer as the default.
Note: Also make sure to match the printer/drawer logical name on the OPOS settings and Back Office Register settings.