The purpose of this article is to provide users with step-by-step instructions on how to clear the cache and cookies in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge web browsers.
Clearing cache and cookies can help resolve various browsing issues and improve browser performance. This can be helpful if you're experiencing login issues if you want to start fresh with a website, or if you want to resolve potential browsing-related issues.
NOTE: Clearing cache and cookies can log you out of websites, requiring you to sign in again.
- Open Chrome and click on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner
- Select More tools from the menu, then choose Clear browsing data
- In the new window, select Browsing history and Cookies and other site data checkboxes
- Optionally, choose additional options like Cached images and files or adjust the time range
- Click Clear data to remove the selected browsing data
Open Edge and click on the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner
- Choose Settings from the menu, then select Privacy, search, and services
- Scroll down and click Choose what to clear in the Clear browsing data section
- Alternatively, you may use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Delete
- Check the boxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files
- Optionally, select additional options and adjust the time range
- Click Clear now to initiate the clearing process