Managing the POS buttons (called "Task Pads" in Cloud Retailer) is done from the back office. To do this
- Go to the back office > Admin menu > Task Pads
- Find the task pad in question and click on the button you want to change employee access to.
- Under the "Available for roles" section, you will find a list of user roles. Click on the box next to the user role you want to change
- A checkmark in the box means that the user role will have access to the button.
- A blank box means the button will be disabled for that user role and they will not be able to access it.
Note: you do not give and take away access to buttons on a per-user basis. Instead, you do this on a per-role basis (Each user is assigned a role).
- Save the task pad when done.
- Exit out of the POS.
- Reopen the application
An introduction to modifying the button layout at the POS
An advanced video on modifying the button layout at the POS