Managing the POS buttons (called "Task Pads" in Cloud Retailer) is done from the back office. To do this
- Go to the back office > Admin menu > Task Pads
- Find the task pad in question and click on the button you want to change employee access to.
- Under the "Available for roles" section, you will find a list of user roles. Click on the box next to the user role you want to change
- A checkmark in the box means that the user role will have access to the button.
- A blank box means the button will be disabled for that user role and they will not be able to access it.
Note: you do not give and take away access to buttons on a per-user basis. Instead, you do this on a per-role basis (Each user is assigned a role).
- Save the task pad when done.
- Exit out of the POS.
- Reopen the application
There are substantial training videos on the topic of creating task pads and we strongly recommend that you review these.
Related Training Videos:
POS Task Pad Configuration 101 (3min 48sec)
An introduction to modifying the button layout at the POS
POS Task Pad Configuration 102 (7min 41sec)
An advanced video on modifying the button layout at the POS