Cloud Retailer has the ability to process gift cards that come from Visa or Mastercard. Below are some tips/best practices how to accept these gift cards.
- Ring up the transaction as normal
- Select "credit/debit" as the payment type/tender type and do not adjust the total amount due or try to use a split tender
- Have the customer use the gift card first
- If the gift card has a sufficient balance to cover the total transaction amount, the transaction will be approved and you can complete the tender process as you normally would for receipt options
- If the gift card does not have a sufficient balance to cover the total transaction amount, a prompt will appear to add an additional tender/payment type to pay the remaining balance due.
- Select the payment/tender type to use for the remaining balance due and complete the tender and receipt process as normal
Special Note: Have the customer use the gift card first - even if the customer knows that the card does not have a sufficient balance available. Do not adjust the total amount due or try to use a split tender. Our system will recognize that additional funds are required and prompt for an additional tender type as outlined in steps 5 and 6 above. Trying to adjust the total amount due or create a split tender creates more complexity and time required to tender the transaction.