The Anniversary Rule should be used when rewarding a customer based on date milestones. There are three date milestones to choose from the birth date, the date the customer joined your loyalty program, or the customer's last visit day.
You can reward your customers on their birthday. Either provide a special way to earn a specific number of points or offer a special discount to be used on their birthday.
You can reward your customers on the day they joined your loyalty program. An example would be a special discount when a customer joins your loyalty program. You can choose to have this be a one-time reward or a yearly recurring reward.
Last Visit Day
You can reward your customers based on the anniversary of their last visit day.
- Navigate to Admin -> Loyalty Programs -> Select your loyalty program
- Add a new Earn or Redeem rule in the related form
- Set the Rule Engine Type to Anniversary
- If setting up an Anniversary Earn Rule, the example below will give the customer a FREE 500 points bonus on their birthday.
- If setting up an Anniversary Redeem Rule, the example below will give the customer a FREE reward on their birthday.