This article will walk you through how to export an electronic copy of the Inventory Count if you need to have people manually counting offline, totaling the results within the electronic version, and then importing them.
Before you Begin
We offer multiple formats to export to in Cloud Retailer. Which one is "right" depends on your situation and skills. In general, for Inventory Counts you'll want to export as either a CSV (Comma-Separated Value) or Excel document. If you are uncertain, choose CSV; both can be opened with Excel, but CSV is more universal.
WARNING: Cloud Retailer Inventory Counting assumes that you will enter a count value for every Product that was added to it. If a Product is present on a count when Finalized, but no count data was entered, a quantity of 0 will be assumed, this is true of imported data as well.
NEXT STEPS: Once you have completed your manual count, use the article Importing Values Into a Cloud Retailer Inventory Count to add the values to the Open Inventory Count.
WARNING: With current versions of Cloud Retailer it is necesisary to rename the following headers of the exported document, prior to importing into the Inventory Count:
- Product => ProductCode
- Counted => Quantity
- Entry Time => Entry Date
- Overview of Inventory Counting in Cloud Retailer
- Understanding the Inventory Count Page
- Creating a new Inventory Count in Cloud Retailer
- Joining an Open Inventory Count in Cloud Retailer
- Importing Values Into a Cloud Retailer Inventory Count
- Finalizing an Inventory Count in Cloud Retailer
- Inventory Counting Tips, Tricks and FAQs