You may need to create additional payment types for various reasons. These are called "Payment Methods" in Cloud Retailer. These can be created for things such as but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Offline Credit Cards, or a type of Wholesale payments.
You should NOT change any existing Payment Methods unless you know what you're doing. Changing existing Payment Methods can have some negative effects and break their functionality. If this happens there will be a premium service charge to resolve the issue.
To create a payment type follow the steps below. The steps can vary depending on the payment you are looking to configure so the steps below are just basic steps.
- Log in to the Back Office.
- Click on Admin and search for Payment Methods and click on it.
- Now select Create New Payment Method on the right side near the top of the page.
- Add at least the following settings to make this functional.
- Description = Typically the name of the Payment being accepted.
- Code = Can be the same as the description. This should not have spaces.
- Type = if you're configuring something that is not already in the drop-down then you will want to use Other for this option.
- Display Order = This is a number that will determine where you will see this Payment Method appear in the list at the POS.
- Payment Method is active = Should be checked to ensure that it will be able to be used.
- Near the top right you will want to choose the locations that this Payment Method can be used. This is mainly for an instance that has multiple locations.
- Click Save.
- Since this is a new Payment Method each POS will need to be closed for the day before you can use the new Payment Method.
If you would like to have a Tech assist with this we're are happy to do so, but it will incur a premium service charge.