This article will outline how to use events to populate the label queue and print automatically.
The POS program must be running and there must be someone logged in to the POS for labels to print automatically.
Follow these steps to automatically print labels generated by events.
- Ensure that you have a good label template to print from the POS.
- Set up your label printer in the register setup.
- Select which events you want to print and assign the template and output location.
Ensure that you have a good label template to print from the POS
Try printing a label to the label printer from the POS interface.
- Open the POS program.
- Search for a product.
- In the Product List dialog, select the desired product and click the Print Label button.
- In the Print Product Labels dialog, select the Label Format (template) and the Printer you want to use, then click the Print button.
If the label does not print correctly, contact RITE for help with the label template.
Set up your label printer in the register setup
- In the Windows Control Panel, go to Devices and Printers and find the exact name of the label printer you want to print to.
- In the back office, go to Admin > Device/register list and select the register you want to print from, then click the Edit Selected Register(s) button.
- In the Register Equipment section, add a device with the exact name of the printer you want to print to as the Device Name.
- Set the Device Type equal to "Windows Printer".
- Leave the Document Set blank ("-- select one --"), and click the Save button at the top of the page.
- In the back office, go to Tools > Generate Labels based on product changes.
- Make sure your Location is checked and the correct Label Template is selected.
- Make sure that the Filter Out Printed? option is checked.
- Select which Event types to print labels for. A common option is to print labels for products that had a change in the RegularPrice.
- Click the Auto-route to POS button.
- The next time your POS synchronizes and someone is logged in to the POS, and there are labels meeting the event type conditions, the labels will print automatically.